Campaign of the Month: August 2016
Oath of Crows
During the winter of 486 the court is yet again troubled by the rumours from the east. Yet again the Saxons have defeated British knights and a Duke has been slain. Most people agree that knighting a boy is foolish, and some even blame the king for what happened. Although never openly.
“I hate it when the king comes here! Everyone gets moved around… After a hard day of work I can hardly even remember where I am supposed to sleep!”
“Not me. I am glad to have him and his army here. Who knows what those Saxons are going to do next! They’re all over the place! The eastern lands have been devastated by the wars there.”
“Did you hear? King Syagrius went and visited the kings of Malahaut and Cornwall, but they turned him down flat. Too many Saxons and Irish on the island to leave their domains unprotected, they say.”
“Oh, by the way, where is that Merlin now?”
“Good riddance to that son of a devil, I say.”
"The admiral is seeking volunteers to raid
the Saxons up and down the coasts of the Saxon Shore. The objective is simply to destroy as many ships as possible. Not many men joined me last year, I didn’t know there was such cowardice in British blood…”
“The victorious King Aethelswith, the new
Saxon, has started to call himself the King of the East
Saxons. No one really cares.”
“Four of my knights did great service to the Crown this year. I gladly held a feast in their honor. I’ll let the more be known about it soon the King is coming here after Pentecost.”
“The lords of Logres are summoned to meet in Sarum four weeks after Pentecost. All nobles must make sure their holdings are secure behind them, that all enfeoffment obligations are met, and that they have laid in supplies in all castles in case they are besieged next
Men’s fashion in 486:
Clothes: The long tunics remain, and are often complemented by wide brims.
The most popular color this year is green.
Hairstyle: Long hair, let out freely.
Currently, black hair is popular.
Women’s fashion in 486:
Clothes: Long straight dresses, thin embroidery along the edges.
The most popular colors this year is white and green.
Hairstyle: Braided and tied back.
Currently, blonde hair is popular.
- King Syagrius war on the continent is going badly, he is desperate for aid.
- The Redcap has been sighted near Hillfort. A bailiff was eaten alive they say.
- A blind monk fell dead at court in Sarum. He wasn’t important, but caused a stirring and scared the children.
- Ulfius suffers from crimson-bottom they say.
- [Intrigue: 8+] The king and his nobles are discussing the option of invading Frankland. He has already ordered the gathering of ships, as well as the refitting of the old fleet that his brother once commissioned.
- [Intrigue: 5+] People know about the ruckus in Sarum last year, but not what it was about.
- [Intrigue: 10+] The knights in Silchester is laughing at “the Mud-knight” who fell last year in a raid.
- [Intrigue: 12+] Yet more rumours from Cornwall. The Duke has questioned all the servant very carefully all winter. Something is stirring around his wife.
- [Intrigue: 15+] Ask GM