Campaign of the Month: August 2016
Oath of Crows
The end of Aurelius Ambrosius comes at the hand of his trusted physician. It seems his line is doomed to die by being betrayed.
- A new beginning…
- The Adventure of the Imber Bear, the bear of Imber is slain by four squires.
- The Adventure of The Poisoning of Aurelius, Aurelius is poisoned by his physician.
- Battle of Salisbury, Saxon warships enter Salisbury through Avon river.
- Aurelius Ambrosius is killed in battle after being poisoned prior to the battle.
- Battle of Menevia, Prince Uther expels the Irish king from Cambria
- Roderick of Salisbury begins courting.
After Aurelius Ambrosius was poisoned and killed in battle, his brother Uther takes his place. Mysterious signs appear and a new King of Logres is crowned, but Uther is having trouble claiming the position as High King.
- Disaster at the Court
- The Adventure of the Disastrous Feast, getting your lord the right woman is difficult.
- The Conquest of Bedegraine, King Uther takes Bedegraine after they refuse tribute. Gorlois is late to the battle.
- Wielding the Blade
- The Adventure of Wielding the Blade
- Uther conquers Summerland. The King of Summerland becomes a count of the county of Summerland, but retains his role as King. Gorlois is noticeably missing.
- Cadry ap Cadwallon, Melkin of Marwth, Gamond ap Edern and Maelgwyn ap Ceiwyn is knighted in a ceremony in Sarum.
- Of Feuds and Family
- Count Roderick’s entourage is attacked by mercenaries
- Count Roderick manages to secure the betrothal of Maid Ellen.
- The Sermon by the Empty Cave and The Wolf and the Giant
Maelgwyn and Gamond learn the hard way that bandits can be tougher than they seem, and rumours can hurt more than swords.
- A winter and a Day
Has the young Anarawd found love? Or is it just trouble brewing?
- A history of Anarawd, excerpt Heraldry
Tudwall returns, with another excerpt of Anarawd history.
- Not of this world
Maelgwyn seeks council from his dying chaplain.
- To duel for justice and the women by the well
Melkin fights in his first duel and receives attention from three young women for his bravery.
- Count Roderick was furious during his marriage, and threw out Sir Blains, calling him a murderer and an assassin.
- A young woman falls out the window in in Terrabil.
- First Blood
- Ambush at Eburacum
The British Army is ambushed and is almost wiped out.
- Battle of Mount Damen
Merlin arrives and heals the army, enabling a counterattack.
- The Adventure of the Loathly Lady
Four young knights from Salisbury, tasked with breaking the curse they caused seeks out the Loathly Lady. Not knowing what price she asks for her gifts.
- A mothers care
A scar is just a sign of strength to the pagan warrior. of Tisbury.
- The wispered name
The One-Legged-Knight makes his first appearance.
- Good tidings we bring, to you and your kin
The best intentions of a household knight turn relations at the county court sour.
- Heart and Family
Gamond does his best to teach his woman to stay away from trouble.
- The stone tablet
Melkin dreams of saints and crows, ill tidings and blessings…
- Love and Loneliness
Some of the rumours of love-sickness in Hillfort takes a stranger turn
- Count Roderick of the Rock and Lady Ellen has a daughter, Jenna
- Bandits raid Salisbury
- Lord Elad is reinstated as the Marshal of Salisbury
Cadry the Strange marries Lady Brangwen
- By the Winter Fire 484
- Battle of Mearcred Creek
Cyning Aelle marches an army to meet the British knights near Mearcred Creek.
- The Crow Calls
The Crow first warns of it’s imminent call.
- Family life
Melkin’s trouble with women takes a new turn.
- The hundred court of Hillfort
The boring duties of a lord of the land can sometime be interesting.
- Those who lie in wait
Cadry’s memories of his near-death experience won’t let go.
- Family and quarrels
- Crows has taken to living in the unfinished tower of the Roman Cathedral.
- Hantonne was raided this year.
- Caercolun was plundered this year, many were killed and enslaved.
- King Claudas of the Franks invades Soisson, the last Roman outpost.
- By the Winter Fire 485
- Call of the Crow
- Duke Lucius of the Saxon Shore is killed in an ambush
- The Adventure of the Redcap and the Bailiff
The bailiff has gone missing, and there are rumours of monsters in the forest.
- The Adventure of The Sword Lake
Merlin recieves the Sword Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake.
- The old generation
Another Cellydon buried and the blood feud worsens.
- A father’s wait
The woes never seem to stop in Hindon, and it’s beginning to take it’s tole on the young knight.
Gamond ponders the lives of his commoners.
- Maddening Dreams
Maelgwyn has dark and haunting dreams.
- Rhodri ap Edern dies at court
- By the Winter Fire 486
- The Sword of Victory
- King Uther recieves Excalibur from Merlin
- Pieces of silver
Melkin teaches his squire to get back on the horse… and finds a mysterious treasure.
- The severed heads
Cadry comes late to the party, but brings great gifts to his Lord.
- By the Winter Fire 487
- The Bandit Camp
- The Adventure of the Modron Bandits
Hillfort knights has managed to elude the famous Hillfort bandits and find their camp.
- See no evil
Sir Melkin Loses his old tutor and friend to a horrible fate.
- Born at one birth
The family of Mawrth receive identical twins again.
- The lingering traces of faerie
Sir Cadry comes back as a changed man from being lost for six months in faerie and strange things are afoot in Tisbury.
- Making knights out of boys
The Tisbury household expands and new knights arrive in the family.
- Traditions, traditions, traditions
Maelgwyn returns home from visiting his future bride and observes the ancient traditions of the Tarren
- Prince Meliodas has taken in Gamond the Colossus’s young child.
- Rumours of Lady Pomponia keeping slaves spread.
- Sir Melkin leaves for Brittany.
- By the Winter Fire 488
- Peace in our Time
- Excaliburs Peace
Against all odds King Uther manages to broker peace with the rebellious Duke of Cornwall.
- The Adventure of the Mysterious Manor
Not all guests are as hospitable as one should hope…
- Let your enemies become your friends
Leo and Cadry finds some common ground.
Cadry finally finds out who’s been killing his cows and making his wife sick. Old enemies return.
- Prisoner at Court
A strange game is played in a strange court.
- By the Winter Fire 489
- Noblesse Oblige
- Battle of Linden Pool
Three great armies come together under the dragon banner to defeat a saxon army of more than ten thousand men.
- The Adventure of the Prisoner of Courtesy
Duke Gorlois of Cornwall brakes the king’s Hospitality and uses winter magic to hide from justice.
- Brangwen’s story
It’s not always easy being a wife and a daughter.
- Long awaited homecoming
Sir Melkin finally returns from his visit in Brittany. Only to face hard and cold times.
- Sir Melkin returns from Brittany.
- Sir Brastias refuses to betray the King’s hospitality, he becomes the new bodyguard.
- By the Winter Fire 490
- Sweet Vengeance, Sour Love
- Siege of Terrabil
Uther Pendragon marches his army towards the traitor Gorlois after the incident last year.
- The Tintagel Fog
Merlin summons a great fog to take Tintagel.
- Prince Madoc, the heir, is killed in battle
- Duke Gorlois, the traitor, is killed in battle
- King Uther Pendragon marries Ygraine the Beautiful
- The fall of a saxon champion
And in the left corner…
- A new liaison
Melkin get’s a clue to his brother’s whereabouts.
- The Queen becomes pregnant
- King Nanteleod of Estregales visits Tintagel
- By the Winter Fire 491
- The Second Call of the Crow
- The beautiful Margawse marries King Lot of Lothain and Orkney
- Elaine marries King Nentres of Garloth.
- The Queen births a child
- The Adventure of Bodwin Moor, and The Second Call of the Crow
Merlin tricks many knights from Britain to aid him in kidnapping the child of Uther
- The Treason Trial
The knights who aided Merlin gets a trial.
- Sick with madness
Sir Melkin gets the Hillfort cough
- Decay and renewal
Sir Melkin is troubled with hard times at home
- The architect and the cook
Sir Melkin gets new visitors with strange tidings
- A record of Gamond, father of Cyn
Gamond writes a letter, with some help…
- Count Roderick and Lady Ellen gets a son and heir, he is named Robert
- By the Winter Fire 492
- Trouble at the Lake
- Sir Maelgwyn the Bulwark get’s the wasting curse
- The Adventure of the Deceitful Faerie
A strange being crowns himself king of Hillfort, and the knights travel north to get him of their back
- The Great Hunt
Maelgwyn has a great hunt, with some unintended results
- A fools errand
Sir Gamond travels to the coast to deal with the saxons, and demons from his past
- Mending the cracks in the ice
Hard times in Hindon, as a child walks out on the weak ice
- Brangwen’s second story
As Brangwen lies sick on her bed, deep thoughts go through both their minds
- King Canan unites the warring tribes of Cambria
- Octa and Eosa escape from London
- By the Winter Fire 493
- The Mountain-men
- The Adventure of the Embassy to Estragales
Lord Roderick of Sarum sends his knights in secret to King Canan of the Mountains to gain an alliance.
- The Death of Innocence
A hard winter in Chillmark
- The Crow and the Raven
Sir Gamond witnesses dark tidings.
- May it be like a cloak wrapped about him
Sir Melkin tries to mend the wounds with his wife.
- Octa and Eosa gathers an army in the north
- Duke Eldol the Ancient dies of old age, much to the celebration of his grandson and great grandson who begin fighting immediately
- The Crows in the Sarum cathedral tower begin circling
- A large fire almost spread through London this spring, it was stopped just in time.
- Nineve, a lady of the lake, is present to tend to the king, she keeps knights from announcing the news about the Saxons to the king.
- The King seduced a young Lady called Dyagenne, persumable since Ygraine is rejecting him. The Lady’s husband, the great Constable Sir Argan ap Maelgad, defeated Uther in a duel! He ransomed the King’s life for a castle. He’s calling it “Uther’s shame”.
- By the Winter Fire 494
- Daylight’s End
- The Adventure of the Undead Monster
A scout in King Uther’s army gets a nasty surprise as he hurries back to share important news.
- The Battle of St Albans
King Uther Pendragon leads a great victory in St Albans. Crushing King Octa and King Eosa, personally killing one of them.
- The Infamous Feast
King Uther, together with the gathered nobility of Logres, is poisoned by magical powers.
- A last conversation between brothers
Sir Cadry spends a few last words with his dead “brother”.
- Last words
Sir Gamonds wife opens his letter
- Bad Blood
Old friends become enemies as hard times fall upon Salisbury
- The White Hermit
An old hermit shares some wise words with the newly knighted Sir Padern
- [[How did you get here? | How did you get here?]]
Sir Ennis shares his tale of how he got to know Salisbury
- A strange sword appears in a stone and an anvil in London
- King Idres threatens Logres from the south.
- The Sheriff of Gentian and Salisbury locks himself in his tower. He takes no visitors and throws out all claims of justice with a simple “There is no law. Only Robyn’s-throat.”
- Trouble in Vagon Castle.
- Bandits take camp in Woodhouse.
- Raiders plunders large parts of Hillfarm
- Hundreds dies in Salisbury in the raids from Saxons
- Lady Ellen takes control of Salisbury and tends to the county’s defences.
- Duke Ulfius has closes his borders
- The Port in Hantonne is lost, there is no connection to the sea
- Summerland is back to their old unwelcome self, travellers beware
- There is trouble in Jagent
- There is war in Duke Eldol’s old lands
- Irish raiders threatens Escavalon and Estragales
- The leaves of the old Oak in Tisseberrie turns red
- Rumours of dead walking in graveyards.
By the Winter Fire 495